When: 15-26 April, 11am-9pm (except Sundays)
Where: RURU Gallery Jl.Tebet Timur Dalam Raya No. 6, Jakarta Selatan
EXHIBITION OPENING: Saturday 13 April, 7.30pm – finish
RURU Gallery presents an exhibition of graphic art. For this program, RURU Gallery invited a young curator, Asep Topan, to present his ideas about graphic arts by inviting artists who have explored different printing techniques.
A diverse selection of printing techniques allows artists to play around and find new techniques to convey artistic ideas.
Topan invited three artists and two artist groups:
- Grafis Huru Hara – a collection of young printmakers from Jakarta State University creating a collection of graphic works by a variety of techniques in the form of book.
- Putri Ayu Lestari – drypoint techniques to the theme of violence and bad human nature.
- Syaiful Ardianto – screen printing techniques that toggle images and dream interpretations choosen based on its relation to printing activities in the community. These images are then reprinted in size and presentation techniques separately.
- Refreshink Printmaking – responds to people’s lifestyles by drawing the products of popular culture through screen printing.
- Taring Babi – emphasises the use of the print medium of graphic art as a propaganda tool in their response to current social and political issues.